Full text of the email Ben sent on 11/13 to BCTC Academic Advisors is linked below:
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
The LMS Selection Committee, which began reviewing learning management system needs and usage in January 2014, has completed its work. The committee has recommended that UK no longer use Blackboard as its LMS after the contract ends on June 30, 2016, and it has endorsed Instructure’s Canvas for meeting the teaching and learning needs on this campus.
More information may be found at http://www.uky.edu/lmsreview/.
The Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan Consortium), MERLOT, and our Emerging Technologies steering committee welcome you to the 8th Annual Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium (ET4Online), which will be held Dallas, TX on April 22-24, 2015.
Monday, November 10, 2014
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Starfish 5 is coming soon.
See screenshots here.
- “Raise Your Hand” allows a student to flag him/herself.
- On-Screen Waiting Room. A URL that shows wait the wait time is at a service center.
- Tracking Tab more user friendly w/ roll over functionality and better filters.
- Better Filtering should allow us to identify student attributes like PTK or Honors
See screenshots here.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
•iOS, iOS7, iOS8
•iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 2, 3, or 4
Things I noticed:
· As an instructor in the Bb Grader app I couldn’t see what I entered under comments in an assignment as a test student
· In the Bb Grader app inline grading annotation - comments can be added. (Draw, highlight, text box, or strikethrough are not available.)
I think this app will come in very handy for those who need to grade on the go! Try it out.
from Lorraine Sturgeon at Owensville.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Start Date: December 19, 8:00 PM
Duration: 48 hours
KCTCS currently uses Bb Service Pack 13. Bb has changed its update nomenclature to month and year of release. KCTCS will be adopting the October 2014 release.
Beta has already begun an the verdict is that the new release is very stable. While new features are present, most of the benefits appear on the back end with improved stability and functionality of existing features. For example, Bb Collaborate no longer requires Java and will open without having to download and run a Java file. SafeAssign is integrated with the gradebook. An expanded student preview allows instructors to view the course as a student and even takes tests as a student. Read more about features in Bb’s Mobile Learn Update, October 2014.
Looking ahead. . . Bb is beginning tests on a major interface change...but we would not see this for a year at least. . .